Site Safety & Health Officer/Quality Control System Manager (SSHO/QCSM)
SSHO/QCSM will be responsible for overseeing the safety and quality aspects for the Construction of a building in Kuwait.
Duties to be performed include:
- Review and implement the approved Accident Prevention Plan (APP) and the Quality Control Plan (QCP)
- Monitor and inspect work performed by subcontractors.
- Ensure safety compliance of all field activities in accordance with EM385-1-1 and approved APP.
- Ensure quality compliance of all field activities in accordance with approved QCP.
- Prepare all safety and quality related documentation required per the approved APP and QCP
- Assist in writing, maintaining and revising Safety Plans, Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA’s) and quality-assurance documentation and procedures.
- Perform other related and non-related duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate engineer, graduate architect, or a graduate of construction management, with a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in construction and safety;
- Has the requisite training, experience, and qualifications in accordance with EM 385-1-1 Section 01.A.17;
- Experience working on US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) projects is preferred (within continental US or outside);
- Possess a valid US Driver's License;
- 40-hour HAZWOPER Certificate with up to date 8-hr refreshers;
- Able to clear detailed background checks and random drug tests;
- Knowledge of engineering, equipment and practices related to construction activities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, editing/document layout using Microsoft Office / Adobe products;
- Ability to monitor and inspect work conducted by subcontractors and employees;
- Ability to work as an effective team member;
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships;
- USACE Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors certification is a plus;
- Should be able to travel and stay for extended periods (4-5 months) in Kuwait without interruptions.